"Our Statement of Faith..."
New Life Bible Church emphasizes the following distinctives. We adhere strictly to the teachings of the Holy Bible.
1. THE AUTHORITY OF THE SCRIPTURES
The Bible is the standard for all faith and practice. A New Testament Church must be Bible based.
2. THE CENTRALITY OF THE PERSON OF GOD
The Church must be God-centered and God-glorifying. Worship is its central activity.
3. THE PRE-EMINENCE OF CHRIST
He is the Lord of all and must be central in the life of the Church.
4. THE CERTAINTY OF THE PURPOSES OF GOD
The Church is composed of God’s chosen people by His free and sovereign grace. None of God’s purposes in providence or redemption can fail.
5. THE EMPOWERMENT AND GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Jesus is the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit of all true believers. His Church must be a Spirit-filled assembly because it is a spirit-gifted Body.
6. THE CHURCH AS THE COMMUNITY OF GOD’S PRIEST—PEOPLE AND THE FUNCTIONING BODY OF CHRIST
The Church must have the ministry of all its members. As the body of Christ the Church must foster open worship and the mutual ministry of its members through the gifts of the Spirit.
7. THE HEADSHIP OF CHRIST IN CHURCH GOVERNMENT
The Church must be ruled by Jesus Christ through His Word and Spirit. To this end God has called and appointed office bearers who rule in accordance with Scripture.
8. THE SIMPLICITY, PURITY, AND SPIRITUALITY OF THE ORDINANCES INSTITUTED BY CHRIST
The ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper are to be only for believers as signs and tokens of the grace of God in salvation.
The purpose of this Church, as God has ordained in His Word, is to worship the true God through Jesus Christ by the enablement of the Holy spirit, to provide for spiritual growth among its people that they may mature in the knowledge of Christ, and to relate to its world the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through proclamation and service.
In fulfilling its purpose, the functions of this Church are to conduct corporate services of worship and prayer and to administer the sacraments according to the commands of Scripture; to avail ourselves of the means of spiritual growth which include: regular instruction in Biblical doctrine, the preaching and public reading of the Word of God, the exercise of Scriptural discipline and pastoral care, the opportunities for the discovery and exercise of spiritual gifts, and the sharing of all aspects of Christian life through the interaction of its members; to safeguard Biblical doctrine from adulteration and neglect; to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through every medium of communication available, in order that a Gospel witness shall go forth to the whole earth, and God’s name be glorified through the evangelism of men outside of Christ; and to minister unselfishly to persons in our community and world in Jesus’ name by alleviating human suffering, thus demonstrating the goodness of God and performing the office of Christ’s ambassadors of reconciliation in word and deed.
OUR BASIC BELIEFS
1. We believe in one God who is eternally existent as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We acknowledge one Lord Jesus Christ who is true God and true man. He was conceived supernaturally through the operation of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on behalf of sinners, was buried, and on the third day He arose bodily. After forty days He ascended into heaven from whence He will return physically to this earth and usher in His eternal kingdom.
3. We believe in one Holy Spirit who furnishes the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ with gifts and graces. He indwells the lives of God’s people and He bestows spiritual gifts for the edification and ministry of the Church.
4. We acknowledge the Holy Scriptures, consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God, and that this Word interpreted by the grammatical-historical method, comparing Scripture with Scripture, is our rule of faith and standard of conduct. All doctrines and practices are to be derived from it and are to be in harmony with it.
5. We acknowledge the one universal Church of the Lord Jesus Christ consisting of all those who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We also acknowledge the visible congregations of the Lord throughout the earth and do so consider our fellowship as a gathering of the Lord’s people in a visible and viable fellowship for the purpose of worshipping God and utilizing Biblical and doctrinal instruction as a means both of Christian growth and evangelism. The proclamation of the goods news of Jesus Christ to the world is our evangelistic mission. The church in its ministry is to be both kerugmatik (Word-proclaiming) and charismatic (manifesting spiritual gifts.)
6. We hold and maintain the following truths generally known as the doctrines of grace: the radical depravity of man whereby he is corrupt in the depths of his being and totally unable to accomplish spiritual good; the electing love of God the Father; the propitiatory and substitutionary sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ; the regeneration and effectual calling by the Holy Spirit; the imputation of Christ’s righteousness; the once-for-all justification by faith of the repentant sinner; his walk in newness of life, and growth in grace by the active indwelling of the Holy Spirit; the priestly intercession of our Lord Jesus; and the security and perseverance of the saints in the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ.
INDEPENDANT CHRISTIAN CHURCH
New Life Bible Church